Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Limitless Unknown, Infinite Learning


(image credit)
It was very insightful of my then 12-year old daughter to say that over time, the unknown gets bigger.  I was walking her through my Theory of Everything, particularly the equation I had drawn up, where I posit that ToE must account both for all theories known to humankind and also all theories we have yet to formulate (unknown).  What Eva said echoes this post on Google+ perfectly.  Over time, assuming we ease our illusion and arrogance about how much we know, we come to realize more and more how little we truly know.  We come to realize that learning opens our minds and our horizons, and it brings even more of the world to learn about.  Because the unknown is essentially limitless, the things we as humankind have to learn, or want to learn, must be positively infinite.

No comments:

Post a Comment