Friday, October 31, 2014

Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd (5)


Science is arguably one of the most pivotal disciplines we as humankind have at our disposal.  I am grateful to have had good grounding and practice in it, as I labored at my PhD in clinical psychology at Northwestern University.  It has a prominent place in my Theory of Algorithms and in The Tripartite Model in particular.  So, for this week's articles, I share my posts on Google+ about a household-name scientist and his not-so-household-name colleague and how their fateful collaboration staked a horrific pivot in human history.  I had posted these as a linear narrative, but here I thought I'd do so more (I hope) as a serial drama, that is, in five parts.

(image credit)
Einstein and Szilárd were utterly shocked at the destructive application of their scientific work.

(image credit)
Consequently they dedicated the rest of their lives for humanitarian, peaceful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment