Thursday, October 30, 2014

Albert Einstein and Leó Szilárd (4)


Science is arguably one of the most pivotal disciplines we as humankind have at our disposal.  I am grateful to have had good grounding and practice in it, as I labored at my PhD in clinical psychology at Northwestern University.  It has a prominent place in my Theory of Algorithms and in The Tripartite Model in particular.  So, for this week's articles, I share my posts on Google+ about a household-name scientist and his not-so-household-name colleague and how their fateful collaboration staked a horrific pivot in human history.  I had posted these as a linear narrative, but here I thought I'd do so more (I hope) as a serial drama, that is, in five parts.

(image credit)
Ironically Einstein was excluded from the Manhattan Project, while Szilárd was involved but tightly monitored.

(image credit)
The US dropped A-Bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan, in retaliation for the Pearl Harbor attack.

No comments:

Post a Comment